THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED. HOWEVER, WE’RE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR TALENTED RECRUITS TO JOIN OUR TEAM. YOU CAN GET IN TOUCH WITH US HERE
Keeward is looking for an Artist Manager for our music management & production entity in Beirut.
We at Keeward are publishers in the widest sense of the term, identifying ideas worth sharing, helping to produce them, and finally making sure they reach the right audience, allowing the creative forces behind the ideas to make a living out of their art. Keeward Music manages and produces recording artists, with two acts on our roster so far, The Wanton Bishops (Beirut) and Bosaina (Cairo).
Keeward’s other businesses range from startup strategy and design & development to book publishing and distribution. Our main offices are in Paris, Beirut, Brussels and New York.
In the scope of your role, tasks will include:
- Coordinate with media outlets (radio stations, print media, and online publications) for promotion of artists
- Coordinate with promoters and agents to book gigs and invite labels and the media to the shows
- Network and talk to people about the artists
- Help make sure studio time and practice sessions are booked
- Explore funding opportunities for the band
- Negotiate financial deals with labels and publishers
- Maintain relationships with existing partners
- Oversee other people working for the band, like accountants, agents, and merchandisers
- Collect forecasts and monitor budgets for each project worldwide
- Report regularly to the artist & the rest of the management team
- Spearhead digital and social media marketing strategies
- Scout and find suitable artists to expand the music activity
- Tour with the band (Manage expenses, document while touring, build relationships with venues, bookers etc)
- Keep up with market trends
- 2-4 years experience in the talent management industries, or an industry with equivalent skills
- Able to manage unorthodox working hours
- Able to travel regularly
- Good knowledge of the music industry
- Knowledge of studio and music production would be a plus
- A love of music (Obviously)
- Able and willing to approach artists with a vision for their development
- Excellent understanding of digital media and communication
- Computer Skills: Emailing. Lots and lots of emailing.
- Able to speak at least two languages (English/French essential, German a plus)
- Good coordinator, organized. If you’re OCD, that’s even better
- Good relationship manager
- Highly committed to working in an evolving environment
- Ability to manage and prioritize workload and meeting deadlines
Please send your CV and Cover Letter (no template cover letters please; tell us exactly why you’d be great at this in your own words).